Tuesday, August 30, 2005

the odds & the bits and pieces

Today's blog topic is to plagiarize from myfavouriteblogger of his current 'hot' blog post called 'defining moments'. it was a homework sort of thing. each of his ardent fans are to drop comments about the moments in our life that had shaped the present us. but having lived for more than 20odd years, i find it quite hard to get the 'defining moments' out as probably some might be so painful that i've erased it from my memory. but anyway, pleased to share some here with you guys:

1) dad was diagnosed with nose cancer. whole family's appetite changed from meaty diets to herbivorous diets to accomodate him. everyone was feeling down. and seeing him grew skinner each day after his chemotherapy breaks my heart. promised myself to take care of him whenever he's sick. or at least be concerned.

2) first experience of 'sending' my paternal (deceased) grandfather off till his last breath. sob sob... spent most of my mum's & me time from the hospital to his comfort zone and next to his deathbed. never experienced such close contact with a dying person before. swore to cherish every single moment with my loved ones.

3) failed my science in my o'levels. wanted to study this special diploma in food and science technology in temasek poly. haha. couldnt believe that i was actually weak in science instead of maths. so i changed my interest to hotel management.

4) jumped onto the SHATEC bandwagon. the once popular school to learn about hospitality managment. sounds pretty cool right?was interviewed before i got selected to be enrolled. and i heard from my bro that my mum had kept the letter and changed her mind about letting me go there. threatened to leave home. but didnt bring out my belongings.

5) at the age of 19, stepped into the 'working world' at singapore changi airport. a gateway to the world. flew to at least 5 different countries each year. repeating two countries in two years over a period of 7 youthful years served. marvellous experience gained as a staff and as a tourist from all walks of life. all that made possible by the free ticket given by the company every year. matured faster than my classmates who spend their time in classrooms.

6) then when u think u have met the right person in your entire life, and is ready to commit yourself, you realised that the person is 'also ready' to accomodate another women in his life. worse than a bad hair's day. 100times more powerful than the wasabi nuts. never to trust men again. period.

7) then i met another guy(Linus*) through a 'special kind of experience'. but after two years of spending our time together, he decide to end it off. took me lots of effort to pick myself up and made myself to believe that God would send someone better along. soon i hope. and i've almost used up all my plasters.

8) met my mentor (currently crowned the greatest and the nicest since i've not met anyone better). he has taught me lots of things.lessons in life,love etc.

9) and through my mentor, i got to know about the 'completed and perfected favoured religion' for mankind sent from God.went against all odds from family and friends to embrace islam because i trust what i believe. but i almost lost the shelter over my head. perservered and won my family over about accepting my decision. i guessed this has been the biggest turning point in my life because i had to adapt myself with so many changes in my lifestyle. more 'akan datang'.

10) still continuing my journey and had daringly shared my pre and post conversion problems, trials and tribulations at this blog and extending my wings here.

well, i guess that's it for now. thanks to Nawooz & mistyeiz who have offered your more than rm0.02 worth of advice, and providing the best support in my blog.

hope it didnt bore you guys. yawnz.....

1 comment:

blue said...

I'm kinda curious about the religion you mentioned in your blog... hmmm...so you do know about the existence of God?