Saturday, July 16, 2005

dont come near me

From Monday to Thursday, i would frequent this neighbourhood mosque near my office. sometimes i rush like a mad woman especially when the bus is late and the timings of prayers got later and later recently.

occassionally, i would be able to join in the congregation prayers. otherwise i would need to join in only when the imam has already finished 2units of the prayers. initially, i didnt had the confidence to join in the congregational prayers because i would always be afraid that i would miss out this, or miss out that or even afraid of doing something which isnt correct. i remembered once i actually didnt even finished my Al-Fatihah and the imam already going to do his bowing 'subhana rabbiyal azimi wabiHamdi' . sharks. i screwed up my prayers. after some time, i finally got it clarified with my mentor. he came up with a table for me and tried to explain how it works. so ever since, i had no problems doing my congregation prayers. then later on, i had another kind of problem. i wasn't sure if i was following correctly if i were to join in half-way. okay got it clarified as well. Finally i can do my congregation prayers in full confidence. Alhamdullilah.

when i do my noon prayers, this regular group of women would also be praying there. there is this lady who recites her prayers loudly at certain point. and many times , i would always get disturbed by her. i tried so hard to concentrate on my own recitation but her 'loud and soft' recitations been affecting me. there were a few occassions i was reading halfway and then she got louder, next moment i was lost. and i had to start all over again. so just now, she sat next to me again. oh my god. not again... i tried to close my eyes and read my recitations but unfortunately i suffered the same fate again but this time was worst. i was almost finishing when she turned up the volume.

i think i better run far far away from her. perhaps if i see her the next time i would go to the other side of the row. haha...

No comments: