Saturday, September 17, 2005

to resent or to regret?

I've decided to stay put in my current job. after much contemplation, i'm still back to this black and lonesome pit.

Why black? because this clique of colleagues in the same subsidiary as i am, shows me the black face 5/7 (5times per week). as though i owed them a hundred millions bucks(SGD $1,00000000). and the way they carry their speech towards me truly reflects 'discrimination'. and one colleague in particular talks to me as though she comes from a black gangster triad. her motto: Rudeness is my middle name. if not for the numerous classes i went through, i might have confronted her long long time ago, wanting to find out 'WTHack' is this attitude towards me all about. she needs anger management classes much much more than i need. period. and since i couldnt improve the situation and i didnt want to suffer from high blood hypertension by working under 'the same roof' as her. so obviously and honestly speaking, she and the hostile environment was the contributing factors to my hastiness in submitting my resignation letter to my boss. sometimes i would like to 'psycho' myself that if i were to overcome this big challenge, perhaps i would come out as a winner. but no la, i don't want to waste my time here anymore as i believe that i can deliver better results elsewhere. in a more conducive environment.
and why lonesome? because, there is hardly anyone that you can form a clique like them to make your live less lonely at work. but this excuse is lame la. you go to work to earn a living, not to make friends and make noise in the office what..

and actually,before i submit my resignation, i was offered another position but this also mean that i will continue to work under the same boss, in the same company and with that 'mobster' around. i rejected it almost immediately. no hesitation. but rumours landed into my operations manager's ears and he 'sabo-ed' me to my GM that i was leaving WITHOUT a JOB. i was henceforth, persuaded to stay on because of their appreciation of my contributions these 2years++ and also unfortunately, by the cold hard fact, that i still haven't got a job offer yet. so in the end, i'm still gonna bum around for at least another month or so.

resentment?or regretful of my decision? whatever it is, i'll try my very best. not just in my new position but my very best in finding myself another job. Sorry boss. can't blame me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ish...that's the worst la. awful collegues. thank goodness mine are all good. :)

thank you LORD! :P