Friday, June 19, 2009

Bliss!

So it was a day out for me and my mother. It's been a long time since we go out together.

She picked me up at the train station and we went straight to East Coast Park. She wanted to sit on the grass but didn't have any mats with her so i took out my prayer mat. She was delighted. But i was concerned if the area where she chose was clean. Nevertheless, we found a spot that was 'free from visible najis' and we laid the mat and sat down to enjoy the seabreeze.


We ordered a set lunch and 2 more other dishes(Oliver Twist and a Nippon Garden salad). There was a soup, a vegetable dish and a choice of steamed rice, brown rice or olive rice. And i ordered a tofu dish called 'Golden Oats'.

Top: Shanghai Tang(mushrooms with Caixin;red and yellow peppers) Bottom: Oats with mini tofu(deep fried) yummy!!!

Partially hidden: Nippon Garden salad. My favourite. And the winter melon soup; sedap!!!

Masya allah... pictures tell a thousand words right? The food was so delicious that it will be a pity not to finish them up. We took an hour to enjoy our food slowly. I could see that my mother was very very happy. She thanked me for the food and said that I made her day. And that's bliss! to know that i've made her day.

I'm not sure if that comment made by the waitress made her day too because she thought we were sisters. I told her she was my mum but she didn't believed it initially because....... she thought i was Malay. haha... I responded that i'm a chinese. And before i could say anything more to the waitress, my mum reiterated to her that i am a chinese muslim.

Now that's something amazing... perhaps she has, more or less accepted this fact and she dares to embrace the truth and speak up. Alhamdulillah.

It motivates me to do more. May Allah swt guides me along. amin.

No comments: