Thursday, November 20, 2008

Guidance from above

There is this uncle who works as a cleaner at my workplace and he's amazingly friendly and quite knowledgeable. And coincidentally, he is the uncle of my friend.Such a small world indeed!

So everytime, he comes into the office to clear the rubbish from my workstation, we would exchange greetings and ask one another's wellbeing.

One day, I asked him if he has any knowledge of Islam. And he said he knows because he has friends who shared the information about Islam with him. And truly indeed, everytime he comes by my workstation, he would clarify the doubts he has about the Islamic rituals and stuff. Like for example, he told me that he had a friend who was a very pious Muslim. When he fast, he would spit out the saliva from his mouth. And through such sharing, i would help to dispel the confusion or doubts he has about fasting.

I really enjoyed talking to him about Islam. I was determined to show him the Quran but i only have a copy of the Quran in chinese translation and furthermore, i was unsure if i could pass him the Quran that contained arabic words. So i sought help from one of the sister from Darul. Finally, after a couple of months, i managed to meet this sister and got her to obtain 2 copies of the Quran for me. And alhamdulillah, i got clearance that it is okay to give someone a Quran translation.

And so, the day came, when i passed him the Quran. He was elated, and he kept on thanking me. I briefly told him about the simple dos and don'ts (not wanting to scare him away). Guess what? The next day, he came to me that he had placed it in a big box and he would keep them in a high place. And amazingly, because of his prior knowledge of Christianity and Catholism, he was able to understand what was said in surah al-Baqarah. All Praise be to Allah! Allah swt has bestowed wisdom and understanding upon him.

Ya Allah! Please continue to bestow guidance upon him and his family and guide them on the straight path..and make them muslims in this life.. amin.

No comments: