Monday, October 13, 2008

Observing your 5 daily prayers with sincerity and love


This is a timely video. It's taken from http://www.sufilive.com

I need those reminders.

Our Prophet s.a.w and his companions all prayed to Allah with great sincerity, concentration and humility. There was a story about Saiyidinna Ali. He had a toothache and he was so scared of pain. So he told the other companions to extract his tooth in his prayers. And they really did. So when he finished his prayers, he was shocked to find so many blood on his clothes. His tooth has been extracted. What kind of level is this? Very very high level i would say.

How i wish I could at least possess half of what Saiyidinna Ali has.

And all these while, i've felt that my prayers were not perfect. Whenever I enter it, my mind brings me to many places. Sometimes, I might even 'travel regionally' and if I get really lucky, I might fly across the Pacific Ocean.

Actually it's a sad thing.

And it's depressing to read from books that if your prayers aren't good, and Allah swt doesn't accept, those prayers will be wrapped up like a heap of clothes and THROWN back to you!

That's scary isn't it?

I need to buck up. Time is running out. and we know the Judgement Day is near for its signs are all around us.

And Shaykh Hisham also talks about the condition of the heart.

May the video benefit us all.

May Allah swt purifies our heart from within. amin.

O Allah! I beg of you to change the state of my heart if it's tainted or damaged. amin.

No comments: