Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Fashioner

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things). Surah al Huja'at 49:13

Last year, in preparation of my wedding gifts, I wrote this verse amongst many others, which I had selected on a few hundreds of coloured papers that were to be inserted into photo frames. And i've also wrote at least 30 pieces of that same verse translated into Chinese; for my Chinese-educated guests.

My purpose for that was not because i had alot of time; but rather, i got my husband to agree to my intention of doing some da'wah activities with our non-muslim guests. Probably he would have more muslim guests than me, henceforth, this activities was directed more to my side. I had my primary school classmates, my ex colleagues from the airport as well as my colleagues from my present workplace.

It had to be a verse that would be easily understood and clearly manifested in this world, evolved around everyone, and not something that could cause misunderstandings about Islam. Insya allah.We researched through some parts of the Quran and this was also one of the verses we selected:

And among His Signs is the sleep that ye take by night and by day, and the quest that ye (make for livelihood) out of His Bounty: verily in that are signs for those who hearken. Surah al-room 30:16

By the mercy and grace of Allah swt, we hope that these verses would trigger them to be interested to know more about Islam. But none came back to us asking about the religion of peace. Never mind. It is indeed Allah alone, who guides mankind away from the crooked path.

And so, 1 year has passed... I am trying my hands at motherhood. =) So far, alhamdulilah.

O mankind! if ye have a doubt about the Resurrection, (consider) that We created you out of dust, then out of sperm, then out of a leech-like clot, then out of a morsel of flesh, partly formed and partly unformed, in order that We may manifest (our power) to you; and We cause whom We will to rest in the wombs for an appointed term, then do We bring you out as babes, then (foster you) that ye may reach your age of full strength; and some of you are called to die, and some are sent back to the feeblest old age, so that they know nothing after having known (much), and (further), thou seest the earth barren and lifeless, but when We pour down rain on it, it is stirred (to life), it swells, and it puts forth every kind of beautiful growth (in pairs).

Allahu Akbar! God is the Greatest!

In Allah, i put my trust in Him.

No comments: