Friday, October 21, 2005

Pump coffee(caffeine) into my bloodstream!

Yesterday i suddenly had this wish.

Because i have been extremely caught up with classes and prayers and they usually end quite late,and then i had to cope with the waking up in the wee hours of the morning to grab a bite before i start my fast for the day.

now all that committments had taken a toll on my sleep.SLEEP had been compromised to a mininum of 4hours per day only.and being my first Ramadan, there was indeed lots of 'homework' to be done. having to accustom my body system to clock a minimal of 4hrs sleep, trying so hard to make out what is being recited during prayers and waking up in the last third of the night to supplicate to God. it has been told that this time is one of the times the believers could get their supplications answered because God has descended to the lowermost heavens and says:
"Who is calling Me,so that I may answer him? Who is asking Me so that may I grant him? Who is seeking forgiveness from Me so that I may forgive him?"

Because late at night, when people are sleeping and are busy with wordly pleasures, Allah gives the believers an opportunity, or an answer hour if they can fight sleep and invoke Allah for whatever they need.

this post reminds me of a topic which i read from nawooz's topic on coffee addiction . i wouldnt ask to pump caffeine in exchange of my blood of course. but if only we could consider this option temporarily when we need to. I havent been drinking coffee for 4 weeks (almost) because ever since Ramadan started,everytime when i wake up so early in the morning i couldnt find the time to make myself a cuppa of nice aroma smelling coffee.

sometimes unadmittedly, mankind requires the provisions in this world to be able to sustain our existence. but we need to be aware of WHO actually provides the provision for our sustenance??

No comments: