Monday, July 14, 2008

Everything Comes from HIM(alone)

In the name of Allah, Most Compassionate Most Merciful

(19) And We have provided therein means of subsistence― for you and for those for whose sustenance ye are not responsible. (20) And there is not a thing but its (sources and) treasures (inexhaustible) are with Us; but We only send down thereof in due and ascertainable measures. (21) And We send the fecundating winds, then cause the rain to descend from the sky, therewith providing you with water (in abundance), though ye are not the guardians of its stores. (22) And verily, it is We Who give life, and who give death: it is We Who remain Inheritors (after all else passes away). (23) To Us are known those of you who hasten forward, and those who lag behind. (24) Assuredly it is thy Lord who will gather them together: for He is Perfect in Wisdom and Knowledge. (25) We created man from sounding clay, from mud moulded into shape; (26) And the Jinn race, We had created before, from the fire of a scorching wind. (27) Behold! Thy Lord said to the angels: "I am about to create man, from sounding clay from mud moulded into shape; (28) "When I have fashioned him (in due proportion) and breathed into him of My spirit, fall ye down in obeisance unto him."

Surah Al-Hijr 15:19~28

Allah swt possess wisdom and knowledge that we, as human beings do not have. Truly, all knowledge and wisdom comes from Him, and that includes everything else that we have. We came into this world with nothing in our hands, so shall we leave with nothing in our hands.

I remembered meeting one of a makcik at the mosque. We started off as strangers when we first met but when we parted, we ended up hugging each other in tears.

Our encounter started off when I entered the mosque to start my sunnah Tahiyyatul and she had just finished hers. She spoke to me in Malay and somehow; from my frequent experiences and encounters with Malay makciks, I could make out what she was trying to tell/ask me (more or less). And so I replied in English.

Subhanallah! She is a clever woman. Immediately, she asked me if I am a convert and I replied positively. She then asked for my name and she went to sit at another corner, just behind me.

After I finished my sunnah prayers, I picked up the Quran from the shelves and starting reading it from the back. (‘cause I was more familiar with those surahs)
Suddenly, I heard someone calling out my name. It was coming from behind (nope, I didn’t see any saints or angels around J ). Ahh.. it was the makcik earlier. She signaled me to go over to where she sat.

So the usual questions popped up; when did I convert, how did I get to know about Islam etc etc. And then she suddenly told me that she also had a daughter as big as me but she was no longer with her now. She has left home. Well, initially she was reluctant to say it because she felt embarrassed about what has happened. So I told her not to reveal it since she feels that way. But she told me everything afterall. And after she finished her story, I had tears welled up in my eyes. And when she saw what happened to me, her eyes started to get teary too.
She is a very strong woman. And masya allah, through these tests that Allah has put her through, she has developed a strong sense of taqwa (God-consciousness). She said that she had come to realized that nothing belongs to us in this world. Every life, limb and faculty that we possess is bestowed and loaned to us. Any day when He wishes to take it back, He has the Power to take it away from us. So this is the example she relates to her daughter. Allah swt has the Power to take her daughter away from her. Although this isn’t easy for her initially, but Alhamdulillah, she had managed to ‘survive’ through this trial and get on with life without doing any foolish things that she said she will do.

Alhamdulillah, this encounter came at the right time when my spirits are low. Her words (I took it as advice and reminders) lingered on even after my supererogatory prayers. My tears didn’t stop rolling down my cheeks as I was into my last cycle of my prayers.

From You we came and to You we shall return.

Praise to the Lord of all the Worlds.

O Allah, for You are the Only ONE who guides, so please guide me on this Straight Path. Amin.

No comments: