Monday, July 21, 2008

Allah Loves His Creation

God is everywhere around us.

He is closer to us than our jugular veins.

‘Remember Me and I will remember you. Be grateful unto Me and deny Me not’ (2:152)

Hadith qudsi:
'I treat My servant as he hopes that I would treat him. I am with him whenever he remembers Me: if he remembers Me in his heart, I remember him in My heart; if he remembers Me in a gathering, I remember him in a gathering far better than that gathering; if he draws near to Me a hand's span, I draw near to him an arm's length; if he draws near to Me an arm's length; and if he comes to Me walking, I go to him running.' (Bukhari, Muslim)

The other day, I was in the changing room of the club, preparing to change into my swimming attire; there was this mother sitting down on the bench, changing clothes for the daughter. I didn’t eavesdrop on their conversation but I accidentally caught the mother saying this to her daughter: ‘I love you so much, and yet you don’t trust me.’

I don’t know how you guys perceive what I just heard.

But for me, immediately it brought me to the concept of God’s love towards His creations. The creations that He created, which is us; mankind, and mankind was created higher than the angels.

It is We who have placed you with authority on earth, and provided you therein with means for the fulfilment of your life: small are the thanks that ye give! (10) It is We who created you and gave you shape; then We bade the angels prostrate to Adam, and they prostrated, not so Iblis; he refused to be of those who bow down. (11) (Allah) said: "what prevented thee from bowing down when I commanded thee?" He said: "I am better than he: thou didst create me from fire, and him from clay." (12) (Allah) said: "Get thee down from this: it is not for thee to be arrogant here: get out, for thou art of the meanest (of creatures)." Surah al-araf 7:9~12

God loves His creations, and that’s why He showered us with countenance and gifts that none could give you in your lifetime. God blessed us with knowledge; we could have a zillion books to read in this universe and get wiser.

His Gifts and blessings are simply numerous and you will not be to keep track of all the gifts the He bestowed upon us!

But God says that He will also test us with trials and tribulations;

Or do ye think that ye shall enter the Garden (of Bliss) without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They encountered suffering and adversity and were so shaken in spirit that even the Messenger and those of faith who were with him cried: "When (will come) the help of Allah?" Ah! verily the help of Allah is (always) near! Surah al-Baqarah 2:214

But when we are tested with trials, we questioned Him. We asked Him; “Why Me? What on earth did I do to deserve this? I didn’t ask for this, why did you give me this instead?”

We failed to remember that God, being all-Mighty, all-Powerful, all Hearing and all Knowing, He KNOWS BEST. Isn’t that right? So we should trust Him that He knows what is best for us. So if He sends something else that you didn’t ask for, not because He didn’t hear your prayers, but He knows that if He gives you what you want, you will not be able to bear that (in whatever way you ask). Or if you keep asking and you think that He didn’t respond to you because nothing happened, the best thing that you might want to know that God has kept the best things for you in Paradise. You are not forgotten!

Anyway, these serves as a reminder to myself and it’s not meant to lecture anyone. I am just a servant of Allah and I hope to intend my deeds solely for Him alone. For only He alone is the best Judge.

No comments: