Thursday, June 05, 2008

Does it look good to eat?















My very own version of a Western meal

Yesterday I whipped up this meal to give my husband a surprise. I wanted to give some kind of a variety to our meals instead of eating rice all the time.
After work, I went to the supermarket to get my ingredients. I made used of what I had in my fridge. Since I had some left over beef given by a neighbour who lived a few blocks away, I decided to do it the Western way. Since I didn't have a griller, I pan fried it with butter instead.
More ideas sprung up as I was preparing the beef slices. I marinated with black pepper, salt and a bit of soya sauce. I left it aside and prepared a fruit and vegetables salad. The idea of a garlic bread came up last minute because I didn't have any potatoes. (carbohydrates) . To make it really Western, I prepared mushroom soup too.
So abracadabra, here's the outcome. I would not say that the beef steaks are really fantastic because they had been kept in the freezer for quite some time and the beef slices were sliced by myself. Some of it were still quite 'chewy'.
My husband said that it's delicious but there's room for improvement.
Hint hint...

No comments: