Wednesday, February 20, 2008

What does a Muslim believe in

I do not know what shall I call this: an emblem, artistic calligraphy?But anyway, I took this picture at a neighbourhood mosque. When I was working in my ex company, this mosque was still under construction. But nevertheless, I managed to 'check' that mosque out. It's a nice, cool and quiet place to do some reading. If you are lucky, you get some cool breeze too if it's not too sunny. I like that mosque very much. Again, memories flashed back to my mind.

Every Muslim will know that picture is the word; name of God: ALLAH

A Muslim's 5 pillars of Islam:

1.The declaration of faith:I bear witness that there is no god except Allah and Prophet Muhammad saw is the Messenger of Allah

2. 5 daily prayers.(required diet and nutritions for our soul)

3. Ramadan (fasting)

4. Zakat (purification of wealth)

5. Hajj (pilgrimage to Mecca)

Our tenets of faith: 1. Belief in Allah 2. Belief in Angels 3. Belief in Prophets 4. Belief in His books. 5. Belief in Predestination (Qada and Qadr) 6. Belief in the Last Day

It is that easy. May Allah swt guides us on the straight path and not be blinded by the world. amin

No comments: