Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Gong Xi Fa Cai

Today is Chinese New Year's eve (Chu Xi Wan). And it has been a tradition for most families, to gather at the dinner table for a reunion dinner.

For daughters and sons who had been away for a loong loongg time, this night will be the night where they reunite with their family. And usually, reunion dinners would involve generations and generations of children, grandchildren and great grandchildren...

Steamboat would usually be served.And during the CNY period, the shelves of most supermarkets would be packed with cans and cans of abalone,mushrooms, sea asparagus, limpets and packets of sea cucumber.

This year, my reunion dinner is going to be different because, for the first time, i am going back home with my husband. During my singlehood and i was still living with my parents, reunion dinner wasn't exciting. And my mum would serve steamboat from afternoon to dinner time. Well, the only thing i'm looking forward to was the ABALONE. Yummy...
When my grandparents were around, things were more happening. All my father's siblings, together with their families will be gathered at my grandparents place. After they left this 'dunya', it's just me, my bro and my parents.

This year, we have an additional member in the family. With him, it's much more easier to break away from my family for prayers. I remember vividly, that I had to find places to pray if i'm not near any mosque. And even if i'm near to one, i have to find excuses to go out and pray. And no hijabs were allowed during Chinese New Year.

Everything will be different.

Anyway, i would like to wish all of the Chinese and the Chinese Muslims bloggers out there:


A Happy and Healthy Lunar New Year!

Alhamdulillah.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Xing Nian Kwai Le to you and your husband!

May it be a blessed reunion for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

happy new year sister. =)

nice to see you still blogging. will try do so more diligently. hehe..

keep in touch.

tk care *hugs*