Monday, December 28, 2009

My 5th Islamic Birthday

Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim

Alhamdulillah! Today is Day of Ashura, (Ten Muharram).
5 years ago, on this faithful day, i pronounced my testimony of faith and entered into the fold of Islam.Well, not many friends would know that i actually converted on this day except for my mentor. He and his other friend were my witnesses to my conversion.
It's only 5 years.... but somehow i felt like as though it has been over a decade.
So I got a fresh 'book of record' the moment i became a Muslim on ten muharram 1426H. Yes, I did strive very hard to keep my records clean but I know it pretty well in my heart, how 'badly managed' is my book of record now...
Deeply etched in my heart is the constant reminder i gave myself: to seek forgiveness from Allah swt in every little sin that I commit with the faculties that He bestows upon me.
In one hadith qudsi, Allah has reassured us:
Son of Adam, so long as you keep calling upon Me and hoping for good from Me, I shall forgive you whatever you have done, and I do not mind. Son of Adam, were your sins to rise as high as the sky, and were you to ask Me for forgiveness, I would forgive you. Son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins as large as would fill the earth, and meet Me having ascribed no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness as great as your sins. (Tirmidhi)
When My servants ask you concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them). I listen to the Prayer of every supplicant when he calls on Me. Let them also, with a will, listen to My call, and believe in me so that they may walk in the right way. (Surah al-Baqara 186)

No comments: