Thursday, December 17, 2009

Muharram 1431H

I end this year 1430H with a heavy heart.

A heart full of guilt and grief.

A heart full of remorse and repentance.

A heart that is tainted with black spots.

A heart that is congested with laziness and gluttony.


As the year is nearing, I sincerely and seriously want to write down some ‘resolutions’ for myself.

Bad habits that needs to be changed, attitude that need to be reformed, adab that need to develop, behavior that conforms and adhere (insya allah) in the way of the Prophet s.a.w.

The list is endless man… masya allah.

And with a new year approaching, I’ve also changed the theme of this blog. Perhaps there would not be anymore personal experiences nor encounters for sharing especially if it causes displeasure amongst other muslims. Insya allah, I will share more meaningful articles with everyone.

O Allah, I seek Your forgiveness and mercy! Ya Allah, please give me another year to reform; to be a better servant of Allah swt and a better Muslim. I acknowledge my faults, sins and shortcomings ya Allah!


1 comment:

Zhulkeflee Bin Haji Ismail said...

As-salaamu 'alaykum,

Syafiqa & Syawal,

Kul-lu aa-min wa antum bi-khayr.

I'd like to share this all-encompassing du'a from the Sunnah of our Prophet Muhammad s.a.w. which you can include in your daily supplication:

------------------------------
"O Allah! Verily I ask from You
For every kind of Goodness - whatever that I have knowledge of them or (the Goodness) which I do not know of;

And I seek refuge in You from every evil (and harm)- whatever that I have knowledge of them or (the evil or harm) which I do not know of"

"O Allah! Verily I ask from You
For whatever kind of Goodness which have been asked from You by Your Righteous servants;

And I seek refuge in You from Evil (and harm)that which Your righteous servants have ever sought refuge in You from them."
---------------------------

May Allah SWT accepts and fulfill all our supplications - Aamin!

was-salaam