Saturday, December 17, 2005

Post D&D updates...

Phew!! The dinner&dance didnt turn out as scary as i imagined. Thank God, i wasn't the odd looking one in the entire ballroom. there were other employees who didnt dressed up as directed. and as me and my other colleagues were waiting for the doors to be opened again (because we were late) we saw some dressed to kill, and some dressed to win the 'Best Dressed Table' for the night... There was Flintstones, South African tribe, the Red indians, the Safaris people etc... they really wore the attire that the Flintstones wore!! sorry guys, no digicam yet. no photos to upload for you to see...

i was given a muslim table. and was seated with several other people whom i dont know which department were they from. nope my colleague wasnt seating with me. and because i was late, the only seat left was facing the door and the stage was behind me. when i got seated, they looked at me as though i was an alien. i ignored the stares and decide to enjoy the performances. the sales presentation was very long and my stomach was growling with hunger. my colleauge told me that there was an empty seat at her table but i told her that i need to stay here a little longer because i was very hungry. and guess what, when i was almost done filling my stomach, she had left with her boyfriend.

so i stayed on for the lucky draw. the prizes were enormous and attractive. the Flintstones won the big prize of $3888 cash prize for the Best Dressed table. the top three prizes were trips overseas with a few thousand dollars for shopping... and the Grand prize was a trip for 2 to Paris with $3000 spending power! oh no, i didnt get anything from there.

after the lucky draw, most of the employees left... maybe the party animals stayed... though there was no prize for me, but at least i managed to enjoy a sumptuous 7 course dinner.

No comments: