Tuesday, December 13, 2005

catching up...

Its been almost a month since i started on this new job. so many things have changed ever since i took up this job offer. i can't surf or blog as often as i could the last time i was with my previous company, times where i could knock off on the dot and dont have to work OT or worry a single bit about work, and i don't get so much of pressures from customers.

well, its not that i couldnt handle the stress... i'm not alone. my colleagues are suffering at times too... the only consolation is that we have one another to pour out our woes and anger. we would sometimes laugh at one another about the way we handle their problems. they would start cursing or swearing at their customers, well, err hemm... me, as a muslim, cursing and swearing vulgarities would be the last thing on my mind. but actually, it shouldnt exist at all. The furthest i've gone would just be: " Irritating/Sickening piece of S*&??!! " Ooopsss... i know this shouldnt happen. everytime, i would quickly ask for God's forgiveness...

and that swift and prompt response i've developed seemed to be working when i'm performing my prayers regularly... but i've realised that my indecent language resulted in the 5days off i've taken due to M.N. Oh my dear God, please help me............. and my colleague as well... and yeah, i've got another muslim colleague. she's a Capital M muslim. a Modern era one. no prayers. no tudung. menu 60% halal only. and vulgarities are common. i'm not picking on her but rather she has my sympathies. why? because of all the above + she wasnt supportive of the religion that she was born with.

so this afternoon, i was pissed off (to the brink of going nuts) by an owner. after hanging up the line, i couldnt control and went F*%&. my other female chinese colleague heard and told my malay colleague. she laughed and then told me to take out my tudung because i sweared. I quickly prayed to God in silence asking for forgiveness. i didnt mean it but i just couldnt take it!!!!! Previously, she also told me not to wear my tudung to a Dinner&Dance. i dont know why she would say that but i sincerely prayed to God that she would return back to shore soon.... the reason why i tell you this serves as a reminder to others if you heed the advice...

as for myself, i need to practise more self-constraint....... cant let this happen anymore!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm curious. As a muslim convert, wat are your personal opinions as to how exactly a 'modern muslim' is defined?

If a muslim gal doesnt wear a tudung but is diligent in performing her daily prayes, is she modern? If a muslim gal wears tudung but never prays, is she modern?

Just curious abt ur opinion.

-Sponge

Saudari Lee said...

babe, dun ever take out ur tudung for ANY reason. dun give in to all these ppl. they like you to take out yr tudung-which means ur giving in. about swearing, it's very normal lah. we also get angry and frustrated so just chill okies!

blue said...

i wouldnt want to define the term 'modern muslim'.not because i dont know how to define but rather being a muslim isnt just about branding yourself or modern or laid back.Its the actual values that matters my dear gal...

well,kudos to the gal who makes an effort to pray diligently.good for the gal who wears the tudung but didnt pray.But both gals lack the true faith of islam that they should be holding on to... insya allah, May Allah guide them on the right path...