Sunday, April 20, 2008

MacRitchie Reservoir

This is the place where I used to do my cross country run during my 5 years in secondary school. and i think I never came back to this place after so many donkey years. Haha.


Many would be familiar with the 2.4km run but yesterday, my friends was requesting that they want to do the 4.8km run and they prefer the terrain type because the normal route would bore him. Omigosh. My back wouldn't be able to take it. I'm lousy nowadays. Getting old. Backpain is my old injuiry.


I told them that they could continue without me if i can't catch up with them. Well, my husband volunteered to keep me company me because he got no choice.


I had forgotten how the 2.4km run scene looked like. But anyway, I started slow. Not long after, I approached a platform trail.(i couldn't remember seeing this donkey years back) And there were aluminium stands packed with information about the trees, inhabitants of the rainforest, the snakes, the animals found next to the water edge. So everything i passed by the stand, i would either stop or jog on the spot to read the information. And because of this, i was the last one in the pack. My husband would randomly slow down and looked out for me. And that in turn, slowed him down alot too. So in the end, my friends decided to cut short the platform trail and proceed to cut in through the terrain. It was pretty dark in there. Creepy crawlies, dead leaves and muddy spots everywhere. but without doubt, the air was fresh.

Perhaps i could make a fortune from my jogging in MacRitchie. Try my luck at spotting Mas Selamat b Kasturi. then i can get my hands on the reward. Heard it's more than $100k now.

I was really getting slow but i am steady. My husband might get pissed off, having to always slow down because of my tortoise like jogging. He didn't showed any expression of being pissed. He's a good guy. Not like me. Anyway, back to my run. So somehow, i ran and ran. Thoughts like ' is the end of this terrain coming soon' never appeared in my head at all although i was very tired and my legs were tired too. But suddenly, I just mustered all my energy preserved for this last bit and sprint all the way. Surprisingly, lesser than 6 mins, i saw light in front. I was happy. Finally.

After the jog, we treat ourselves to breakfast at Adam Food Centre. My ex favourite hangout. Nope, not my ex's fav hangout. Ok la, let's put it this way. My favourite place to get my favourite mee soto and teh halia. I got to eat my mee soto with lots of chilli but i didn't get to drink my favourite teh halia. I'm missing it. I missed the company of my ex too. (just kidding)

after the breakfast, me and my husband continued to slog ourselves with our household chores. Vacuuming. Mopping. Cleaning. Oh come to think of it, i have yet to clean my kitchen cabinets. Oopss.

Next day, I woke up with a terrible backache. Medicated plasters were all over my back.

No comments: