Friday, October 12, 2007

Ramadhan is over

Today is the last day of the fasting month.

I'm not excited about approaching Syawal, or even Eidul Fitri. Rather, i'm more sad when i leave Ramadhan.

Leaving the month of mercies, blessings and forgiveness. Leaving the best of all months as what Allah swt has decreed.

Leaving Ramadhan, feeling that i've not accomplished anything pleasing in the eyes of Allah, my One and Only God. My Creator, Sustainer, Cherisher, Nourisher. The One that gives without holding back anything which He thinks is good for me.

Leaving the month where Shaitan gets locked up, and there's no other whisperings or promptings except for your own ego enticing you to do bad stuff or think bad stuff.

I left Ramadhan, not being able to complete even half of the Quran.

I left Ramadhan, not consciously waking up for my Night prayers.

I left Ramadhan, not improving my own self as a true believer.

And i approached Syawal, full of regrets. I do not even know if i get to enjoy my 4th Ramadhan.

But i do hope that for the rest of the Muslim bros and sistas out there have accomplished more than i did.

Nevertheless, i'm thankful to Allah for giving me the opportunity to perform my obligatory fasting for the 3rd time.

alhamdulillah

No comments: