Friday, December 05, 2008

Time is not on our side

In the name of Allah most Compassionate most Merciful

"By time, indeed, mankind is in loss, Except for those who have believed and done righteous deeds and advised each other to truth and advised each other to patience."
(Surah al-Asr 103:1~3)

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh brothers and sisters in Islam

Do you feel that time is slipping through your hands like sand, or by the blink of your eye, it was Monday; another blink, comes Friday...

Time passes so quickly that I realised that I haven't been really making full use of it. How would i be able to answer to God, for the time He has given me throughout my lifetime?

With all the time i was given, did i seek knowledge with the intention to know Him and the religion better?

With all the time given, did i seek to carry out more ibadah so that He will be pleased with me? Who and what did i give my time to? Useless time spent in the malls, infront of the TV, or perhaps web-browsing?

Ya Allah, why do my heart get diverted away from You so easily? I seek refuge with you, O Rabb, from the whisperings and promptings of Shaitan and this dunya, nafs and hawa!

Ya Allah, please take me away from the depths of my past that will drown me and pull me away from Your Remembrance! For the past do me more harm than good and You are the most Compassionate most Merciful God, have mercy upon me!

I was getting really worried when I hadn't been sick for a long time. For I always hear, sickness is a way Allah swt blots/removes your sins. When I had fever at almost 39degress C, and my head was spinning and spinning, and not even my favourite food could tempt my poor appetite, I did not forget to thank Allah swt for making me sick. Alhamdulillah! I wished my fever won't go down so fast... and when i heard from my husband that fevers bring blessings, I had wished that it wouldn't go away the next day; for Prophet s.a.w had fevers, even when he was about to pass away.

Nevertheless, I recovered. Alhamdulillah. Well, now that i'm back to normal already, I still need to thank Allah for the good health that He bestowed upon me, for this body is on loan from Him, and I should(and everyone should) take good care of it. Don't destroy it.

Allah swt blessings and favours are upon all of US. MANKIND. REGARDLESS OF RACE. COLOUR. BACKGROUND. ENTIRE CREATION. PERIOD.

p.s: One of the signs of the Last Hour/Judgement Day is that TIME will pass very quickly. Indeed, this is happening already. and many other signs mentioned by Prophet s.a.w are also happening.

Take heed, even if your faith is as small as a mustard seed.

How much time do we have?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WM says:

(Pertaining to ur previous posts). Guess the Basmallah miracle aint for everyone. But we've to kip trying ay.

Luv ur post abt the cleaner at ur wrkplace. Makes me treasure the holy books other people gave me as souvenirs & remembrance. I'm a muslim. I have the Quran, and also the Bible and one or two Holy Books of other religions.

Now i'll read them more often to understand my own and other people's religions.

Anonymous said...

it's always refreshing to read your posts =)

keep it up..

selamat hari raya aidiladha