Monday, November 07, 2005

food, food and more food...

4days of eid celebrations had passed. i spend most of my time with the usual gang of muslim converts that i hang out with. and when i'm at their places, most of us spent so much time infront of the tv, watching SCV channels. they were yakking away about what they saw on this channel and that channel, and the tv remote was at the mercy of the remote controller. different images from one channel to the next were flashing before i even blink my eyes. to them, these channels were like everyday entertainment. but to a non-subscriber of SCV like me, images from MTV, National Geographic or perhaps the Travel & LIving are like gems to me you know. i began to wonder that i am missing out on so many good stuff.....

and i remembered on Sunday, i think i overloaded myself with lots of cookies while watching tv at a friend's place. i couldnt stop myself. popped them in my mouth one after another. the cookies were really delicious. if i didnt had to leave for another house, i might instantly become a couch potato there.... and i unwillingly dragged myself out from there... my appointment was supposed to be at six pm but i only left my friend's place at 5.45pm. it wasnt because of the cookies alone but the company as well....

well, the next house that i went belongs to an ex colleague of mine. she converted and got married to a muslim guy. two kids. not working. so the gathering was made up of ex colleagues from my previous previous job. and many of them brought their kids along. there was alot of noise but the level was still quite manageable. but cookies wasnt that great. the food was very western though. was looking forward to using my hands because after seeing how my mentor ate, i kinda wanna improve on my skills. but i know i'm far from the 'experts'. there was fried beehoon,fried fishball,fried toufu,fried chicken wing... i ate minimal only cause there wasnt anything special served... sorry...

and my attire shocks the entire group of mummies. a buddhist turned muslim. with a tudung on. they thought i was already married. that's explains the tudung attire. after explaining the usual 'curiousity (or security ) questions', they were satisfied with my answers because they have asked what should be asked.

so this is it. on how i spend my eid celebrations. not quite the norm for born muslims. converts stuck in singlehood. this would be how we pass our time. another convert that i knew actually spent his time watching movies alone for 10years during hari raya. maybe next year i can join him too. it's been long since i watched one.

No comments: