Monday, September 15, 2008

O Allah! Please forgive me!

Ramadan is a gift of Mercy.

Prophet s.a.w said this about Ramadan:
"Its beginning is mercy, its middle is forgiveness, and its ending is liberation from the Hellfire."(Ibn Khuzaymah, Al-Sahih)

We have passed the first 10days of mercy.

Now, we have entered the middle of Ramadan, where forgiveness is granted upon us, if we ask Allah. Invoke Allah for forgiveness. Repent to Allah for your sins and supplicate with raised hands at the times of prayer as these are the best times, during which Allah Almighty looks at His servants with mercy. Allah answers if we supplicate, responds if we call upon Him, and grants if He is asked, and accepts if we entreat.

Prophet s.a.w said: 'Your back may break from the heavy load of your sins, so prostrate yourself before Allah for long intervals, and make this load lighter.'

O Allah! I admit all my mistakes to you, for you are the all Hearing, all Knowing and all Seeing.
And none can forgive sins except you, so please forgive me and accept my repentance. Guide my heart towards true and sincere repentation, ya Allah!

This Ramadan, I felt so far apart from my Lord. Perhaps it's my sins. or perhaps it's the black and tainted heart, that causes my Lord to be mad at me. I am angry with myself because i have made Him angry.

Ya Allah! Please don't distance away from me. I need You.

No comments: