Friday, August 19, 2005

Overworked and underpaid!!!

Sometimes i'm confused over what are my job responsibilities and duties as a marketing officer. when i was first employed, i was known as a marketing communications officer. but when i first prepared my first correspondence letter to the insurance companies, my direct boss said that it wasnt appropriate to sign off as a marketing comm officer because that would confuse our clients. and i had to change it as customer service officer! I felt cheated! I couldnt think or work properly for a week. I was practically feeling so down about the title change. I couldnt accept it and i was very angry with my other manager too. Sigh... My direct boss is a male and my PR manager is a female. both work differently, they act differently towards eah other too. On the surface, she agrees with what he says. contrary to her 'artificial' behaviour, she actually says lots of bad things about him behind his back when he's not around... beware of such back stabbers in your office!

despite the excessive job responsibilities piling on me from my own PR duties to customer service, and operations to accounts, i don't demand a high pay in this office. just a meagre salary. and which i just found out that with the workload that i've been piled with, i'm the lowest paying employee. with benefits you can count without using both of your hands. and i have to put up the nonsense, particularly from an account executive from a department which she deemed to be the busiest and was branded as the backbone of the organisation. she has this mentality hence her attitude have always been so very unpleasant. she's beginning to be very personal towards me. holding back my petty cash reimbursement and not advancing cash when i really have AN URGENT NEED. practically having to put up with all this, i have always put on a smile to all this treatment given.

whatever her accounts staff require inorder to expedite payment from our clients, i would try and rush it out asap for them. well of course, they dont pay me. but neither was my pay been conditioned to be paid to accept such treatment from her. i dont remember signing any contract that has such conditions. and recently, all my boss had to do was to chase them (accounts) to get our clients to pay the outstanding amount before the STUPID AUDITORS come. the accounts would just conveniently shove the stuff for me. lucky she has this gentle natured colleague in that department. unlike her, the requests she passed down was a proper 'seeking for help' tone. but her account executive boss's tone was like; 'hey! you better do this fast!' otherwise face questioning by big boss...

all this work come at one go. everything lump together at the same time. all they say or do is chase and chase. and just shove the ball out of their court. no, the cycle stops here. i got no one else but to take in all these. sure i can handle but i just couldnt take it lying down. perhaps i should sit. if sit cannot, maybe i can squat.

Dont Do also Complain. Do also complain Sloww.... so hard to please one...

No comments: