Monday, June 27, 2005

my birthday

It was my birthday on 25th June. Sigh... age is catching up... i wish i will always be a sweet 17 year old teenager. time had no been on my side ever since i hit 21years of age. people would always say to me; ' you will become 22, 23, 24 soon the moment you get your 'keys of freedom'. sigh... how true is that statement. i wasn't planning for any big birthday bash but i was hoping that i could spend this special day with my special one, haha if possible with special special gifts too. (;

Last year i got a birthday kiss from him. the memory still lingers fresh in my head. yeah, i was hoping for the same this year. but unfortunately, all i got was just handshakes... nothing else... i was a little disappointed though. we went for a dinner just like last year, but this time, he treated me to a sumptuous dinner. it was an awesome spread of local dishes from the malay, indian, chinese communities. there was also a okay-not-too-bad spread of sweet desserts but our stomachs just couldn't take in all of the goodies spread infront of us. a pity. but i'm thankful to the person that made it possible for me to enjoy the food and the atmosphere and of course his company as well. so when we finished dinner the time was close to 1045pm. so no time for quiet moments. hopped onto his car and alighted along a bus stop to take a bus home myself.

that was how i spend my birthday. in year 2005. no fireworks. no birthday bash... quietly going through the 2Xth phase of life...

but just a few hours ago before i went for my dinner date, i spend my birthday at the beach with my cousins, nephews and nieces and his friends. they bought a cake and sung a birthday song so loudly that i got stares all around me. though the cake wasn't from an independent and reliable source but anyway, it was a kind and sweet gesture from them. thank you everyone.

No comments: